Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's getting better all the time: Welcome to reality

As the Bush administration winds down and I hear about the ongoing efforts of President-elect Obama, I sometimes have the Beatles' "Getting Better" running through my mind, with Paul crooning "I've got to admit it's getting better, a little better all the time," and John chiming in, "It can't get no worse"...

So I'm happy to read articles like these:

Obama's Biggest Decision by Bill Allen, former CEO of National Geographic, who highlights the contrast between Bush's governing by guts and ideology and Obama's preference for brains and reason. Yes, it can really be boiled down to that simple level.

Me used to be angry young man
Me hiding me head in the sand
You gave me the word, I finally heard
I'm doing the best that I can
...

No comments: